Saturday, February 27, 2010

Blog Week 6

Gaming this week has been a little slow. I went home on wednesday for spring break so I did not get a chance to play a lot this week. I was only able to play one game in my franchise and I lost, so I am now 11-5. Still a good record, but I want to get back towards winning when I get back from spring break.

Principle of the week: 12) Practice Principle.
Learners get lots and lots of practice in a context where the practice is not boring (i.e. in a virtual world that is compelling to learners on their own terms and where the learners experience ongoing success). They spend lots of time on task.

In this game, players spend lots of time doing certain things over and over. Essentially, every game is somewhat the same, because the object is to score more goals than the opposing team. You learn to pass over and over, shoot over and over, and defend over and over. As you continue to play, you learn strategies that work the best against certain defenses, and then you use those strategies over and over. Basically, you get A LOT of practice doing things in this game, and it is a virtual world that excites the gamer and, as a result, the gamer spends a lot of time on the task.

Look for more gaming after spring break

No comments:

Post a Comment