Friday, April 9, 2010

Blog Week 11

I guess the blogging is coming to an end soon. We have played our games all semester, and I guess we have to start asking ourselves whether we actually did get out of it what we wanted to get out of it. Did we learn anything? Did we have fun?

NHL 10 has definitely been fun for me to play and I do think I learned some things. I learned more about the sport of hockey in general, and I definitely learned how to apply Gees principles to video games and therefore how video games can be essential to helping children learn. I mean in my opinion, if we could learn solely through video games, that would just be great. Video games definitely keep our attention and they interest us way more than a boring lecture hall.

But back to Nhl 10. So, I definitely enjoyed playing the game, but as with any sports game, it got kind of repetitive. I mean after a while, there are only so many new things that you can learn, and once you do learn them, you become pretty unstoppable at the game. But overall, I definitely enjoyed playing it.

I am not sure if this is the last blog or not, or if we do one next week, but if it is, then it has been nice blogging for you. I had never blogged before so this was a new experience for me too. Thanks.

Oh yea I almost forgot - principle of the week: 16) Multiple Routes Principle.
There are multiple ways to make progress or move ahead. This allows learners to make choices, rely on their own strengths and styles of learning and problem-solving, while also exploring alternative styles.

This definitely applies to Nhl 10. In this game, one, there are different modes which require different tasks and strengths in order to move on. But also, within a game mode, there are different ways to go about winning and you do not have to do the same thing each game in order to win. Also, the player can play to his or her strengths and try to develop new strengths by going different routes.

Maybe see you later, maybe not?

No comments:

Post a Comment